Undoubtedly, carrying out air duct cleaning Mississauga is the only way you are going to ensure that your indoor air is clean. Air ducts in your home harbour a lot of particulate matter such as dust, pollen grains, animal dander, among other allergens. Therefore, regular air duct cleaning is recommended to have high-quality air. That is essential because breathing dirty air exposes your family members to many respiratory ailments such as asthma, headaches, coughing, among others.
That is not only the reason why you should clean your ducts. If lately, you have noticed you are paying high bills on energy, and you are wondering what could be causing this skyrocketing in bills, the real culprit could be your air ducts. Clogged ducts make it hard for your HVAC system to pump air through. This implies it has to work extra harder to accomplish its functions, and this leads to an increase in energy consumption. This, without a doubt, has negative implications on your energy utility bills, and that is why you need air duct cleaning Mississauga services.
- What You Need.
For a successful duct cleaning, you need some equipment that will make the cleaning possible. These tools include;
- Heavy-duty vacuum.
- Cleaning brush.
- The Process of Duct Cleaning.
- Start by switching off the power connected to the heating and cooling system.
- Remove the covers of the ducts, also called grilles from the walls. Now, using your brush, clean the grates thoroughly. If the gates are so grisly and dusty, you can warm water and soap to loosen them and make them gleam.
- Now proceed to vacuuming of the air ducts. Make sure you do that thoroughly. To accomplish this, you may want to rent a heavy-duty vacuum if yours is not enough to remove all the dirt from the ducts. The normal household vacuum may not provide a thorough cleaning, especially deep into the air ducts. This is essential as mould and mildew usually grow deep and in dark areas of the ducts where you may not be able to reach them. If you want a more thorough work, you might consider hiring a professional air duct cleaning Mississauga services. Only carry out duct cleaning when you know you can do it the best.
- Don’t forget cleaning the ceiling. If the dust cannot be thoroughly removed using your vacuum or the screwdriver, you can utilise your broom to get rid of it. Also take a note that if the grilled in your ceiling haven’t been removed for a long time, they may fall in large amounts, and therefore you should protect yourself from being hurt by the falling debris.
- Is Duct Cleaning Worth It?
Nowadays air duct cleaning Mississauga is quite popular, with commercial duct cleaning popping up across Mississauga. However, one question that many homeowners are asking themselves is whether these services are really worth the money, or is it a scam? We have compiled this information that digs deep into duct cleaning. This information will be helpful for you to decide whether you should opt for these services or not.
- Duct Cleaning Services.
Professional air duct cleaning employs various tools such as brushes, blowers, and heavy-duty vacuums to clean your ductwork system. Duct cleaning also encompasses cleaning of grilles, housings, coils, handler, registers, and the HVAC system.
So far, there is no proof that dirty ducts enhance the air quality or minimises dust in your home. However, there is proof that dirty ductwork makes your HVAC system inefficient that leads to high consumption of energy.
Having said that, there are reasons why homeowners opt for air duct cleaning Mississauga;
- Vermin infestation- if you can see some signs of vermin infestation in your ducts, you need to have them cleaned. Animals such as rats and beetles can make a nest in your ducts, and when air goes through the ducts, the smell of their urine is directed into your room.
- Mould and mildew- if you can see mould and mildew in your ducts, you should be worried. This can lead to respiratory health issues.
- Contaminants- if you can see animal dander, debris, and dust in your room, that is a sign your ducts could be dirty, and the only way to deal with that is to clean them.
- Illness- if your family members suffer from respiratory diseases, you should get an alarm about something wrong with your air quality.