I had just come across a new apartment and I wanted to buy it, but to buy it I had to sell my existing house. I thought that my house is in a nice neighbourhood, the markets are near, schools are near, and even the gym is not very far off, so selling would not be difficult. Well, I was never more wrong. It took me a lot of time to sell my house and I learned a lot and given below are a few simple tips that will surely help you sell your house quickly:
- I was advised by the real estate agents to stage my home and I refused and this is the main reason for the delay in sale. You should stage your home for a fast sale and the below points will help you do just that.
- The first thing a would be buyer would see is the curb. Improving the curb is known as curb appeal and you need to do it. If you have a lawn you should mow it, water it and make it presentable. If possible add hedges or plants that flower in the periphery. The exterior also means the outer walls. Dust can settle on the outer walls and make it dull. You should power wash the walls and make it clean.
- The main room is the living room and a prospective buyer would love to envision living there and to aid the envisioning you should move most of your furniture to a public storage Portland and retrieve them when the sale is complete. With just the bare minimum furniture a buyer will be able to reside in your living room in his mind. The person will be able to visualize his furniture in that room and when that happens, you have more or less completed a sale.
- The bathroom and kitchen are also very important. All the faucets should be working and they should not be dripping. The tiles should not be broken. The appliances in the kitchen should be in good working condition. The best part would be to bake something and offer it to the would be buyer to break the ice.
- The bedroom is also the most important. We spend one third of our lives in the bedroom and we need to ensure that it attracts the buyer. Get the room painted in colours that promote relaxation and sleep.
These points will surely help you sell your house quickly.