Summer vacations will soon come to an end, and many families will be starting the school year. Bed bug season isn’t going away because our vacation season is slowing down. Bed bugs are busy all year and are always on the lookout for a way into people’s homes. Knowing how bed bugs get into houses is crucial for preventing and treating bed bug infestation.
Sources of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs can infiltrate your house in a variety of ways.
- The traveling season is ideal for bed bugs to infiltrate your house. Bags, purses, luggage, and even wheelchairs are renowned for being infested with bed bugs.
- Another prevalent, less well-known way bed bugs reach households is through infested secondhand furniture. Inspect used sofas, mattresses, and box springs for these pests before purchasing.
- Bed bugs have been found at daycares, on public transportation, and people’s clothing. They get immediately to work breeding after they’ve settled into your home.
How to Prevent Beg Bag Infestation?
Prevention is crucial to keep these uninvited invaders at bay. Here are some tips for keeping your home free of bed bugs.
- If you find bed bugs in your home, put them in plastic bags and throw them away. So that no one takes them into their home, mark them as infested.
- Don’t take second-hand furniture or mattresses home that has been abandoned. Look for signs of pests or bugs when you buy used furniture.
- Repair all cracks and crevices in your home, including door frames, windows, and baseboards. Sealing will eliminate their hiding spots, preventing the spread of additional.
- Make sure you thoroughly check your belongings for bedbugs before unpacking and settling in at a hotel. Infested luggage can become home to bed bugs, so never leave baggage on the ground.
- There are bed bug-repellent mattresses and bed protectors on the market.
- Cleaning your home should be a priority. Bed bugs can be caught by vacuuming dust before they reproduce. Heat kills bed bugs, so dry your clothes on high heat.
How to Deal with Bed Bugs?
If you discover bed bugs, it is essential to eliminate them promptly. The bed bug infestation can quickly spread throughout your home and cause severe problems in other regions of the house. Additionally, treating a minor infestation is far less expensive than waiting until it worsens.
When you’ve cleaned up the affected areas, you’ll need to hire an exterminator to help. They use the proper tools to rid your home of bed bugs and have the necessary pest knowledge.